Gold-Palladium Core-Shell Nanocrystals
These gold-palladium nanoparticles are a unique bimetallic product available only from Boutiq.
Many industrial and commercial applications use bimetallic noble metals which take advantage of the properties of the individual metals. Gold-palladium nanocatalysts can potentially be used for both hydrogenation and oxidation reactions. As these particles have low size and shape dispersity, they may be ideal for research into production of reaction-specific catalysts.
The particles consist of a 6-8 nm gold core and palladium shell, where the palladium shell can be tailored to be between 1 – 4 nm.
- Material: Gold-Palladium (Au-Pd) core-shell. Consists of gold metal core with layer of palladium metal shell.
- Size: 9 to 15 nm, as the palladium shell can be tailored between 1 to 4 nm
- Standard deviation: < 2 nm
- Shape: Multiply-twinned icosahedra
- Physical appearance: orange-to-black solution
- Solubility: organic solvent such as toluene or hexane
- Surface modification: Hydrophobic stabilisers (long-chain amines) for use in organic solvents.
- Storage: Can be stored in air under ambient conditions, as either a dried powder or as a dispersion.