Highly Branched Palladium Nanoparticles
Palladium is a common catalyst in chemical synthesis and for emission reduction technologies. In addition, palladium absorbs up to 900 times its own volume in hydrogen, making palladium nanoparticles an ideal material for hydrogen storage and gas sensing.
The highly-branched palladium nanoparticles that Boutiq supply possess a high surface area and high index facets, which can potentially make them highly active towards many catalytic applications. In addition, they have shown good activity towards hydrogenation reactions compared to other commercially available catalysts.
- Material: Palladium , Pd
- Size: 40 to 100 nm, as there is some flexibility in the available nanoparticle size
- Standard deviation: < 15 nm
- Shape: Highly branched
- Physical Appearance: black solution
- Solubility: organic solvent such as toluene or hexane
- Surface modification: Hydrophobic stabilisers (long-chain amines) for use in organic solvents.
- Storage: Can be stored in air under ambient conditions, as either a dried powder or as dispersion.